Shrimp Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME50 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Shrimp, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Beef Broth, White Wine
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Authentic
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound (454g.) jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Shrimp Risotto directions
Heat the broth in a saucepan and simmer on low.
In a heavy saucepan, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil. Sauté onion and 1minced garlic clove over medium heat until onion is tender. Add rice to coat and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the warm broth and cook, stirring, until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, letting each cup absorb before adding another. Cook until rice is al dente (almost tender). Mix in cheese and butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add shrimp and season with salt. Toss the shrimp in the pan and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on both sides. Add the garlic and 1/2 cup of wine and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring.
Transfer risotto to a serving dish, place shrimp on top and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Shrimp Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!