Shrimp Risotto With Asparagus Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Asparagus, Shrimp, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Vegetable Broth
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1/2 cup medium grain rice
- 6 oz.(170g.) shrimp, peeled, cleaned and deveined
- 2 1/2-3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz.(170g.) asparagus spears, cut into 1” pieces (tough ends discarded)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Shrimp Risotto With Asparagus directions
Bring water to boil and reduce heat to medium-low heat. Add the asparagus pieces and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove the asparagus to a bowl and drain.
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and simmer on low.
In a medium skillet, heat olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until onion becomes tender. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Ladle in a 1/2 cup of broth and, stirring constantly, cook until the liquid is absorbed before adding another 1/2 cup. Continue cooking this way until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20 minutes. You might not use all of the broth.
Stir in the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is opaque, 3-4 minutes. Mix in the asparagus and cheese and heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Shrimp Risotto With Asparagus
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!