Shrimp Marinara Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME25 minutes
- Dishes: Marinara
- Ingredients: Shrimp, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 4 cans (14.5 oz. or 400g. each) whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pounds (908g.) medium shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Shrimp Marinara directions
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic for 1 minute, add onion, and continue cooking until the onion becomes tender. Add basil and tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat, cover, and simmer the mixture 10 to 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add shrimp to the sauce, cover, and simmer the mixture 3 to 4 minutes until it is thoroughly heated. Serve the sauce with pasta.
More Marinara Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Shrimp Marinara
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!