Shrimp Carbonara Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME25 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Carbonara
- Ingredients: White Mushroom, Shrimp, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Bacon, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying, Sauteing
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Cocktail Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 8 oz. (227g.) medium shrimp
- 4 oz. (112g.) angel hair pasta
- 4 oz. (112g.) bacon, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Shrimp Carbonara directions
Boil salted water in a pot, add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes almost tender. Drain and set aside.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon for about 3 to 5 minutes or until it is almost cooked. Add shrimp to the skillet and continue cooking the mixture until done. Remove the mixture.
In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add mushrooms, garlic, and onion. Cook the mixture until the vegetables become slightly brown and tender. Add the shrimp and bacon mixture, add cheese, and stir. Toss the mixture with pasta, season with salt and pepper and serve.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Shrimp Carbonara
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!