Shitake Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME45-50 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Shitake Mushrooms
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried shitake mushrooms
- 7 oz.(196g.) fresh shitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3-3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Shitake Mushroom Risotto directions
Heat the broth in a saucepan, cover and simmer on low.
Soak the dry mushrooms in the hot water for about 20 minutes. Chop into small pieces.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté garlic and onion until tender. Stir in the fresh mushrooms and cook until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add rice and stir to coat.
Add one cup of warm chicken broth. Stir in soaked mushrooms. Cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed. Add another cup of the broth and continue cooking this way, each time allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Cook until the rice is almost tender and creamy, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix in cheese and butter. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Shitake Mushroom Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!