Seafood Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Cheese, Shrimp, Tomato, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Tomato Paste, Crab Meat, Flour, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Healthy Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: First Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Wedding, Everyday, Picnic
- 16 oz.(454g.) small shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 16 oz.(454g.) crabmeat
- 12 oz.(336g.) tomato paste
- 2 cups gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (28 oz. or 800g. each) whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
How to make Seafood Lasagna directions
Sauté an onion in a skillet with olive oil until the onion is tender. Stir in tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Increase the temperature until the mixture starts to boil, and then reduce the heat. Simmer the mixture for around 20 minutes until it thickens. Remove the mixture from the heat and add shrimp.
Melt butter in a separate saucepan, and then add flour. Then, add the milk and whisk continuously in order to prevent any clumps from forming. Continue to whisk as the sauce simmers until it becomes smooth, creamy, and thickens. Add both crab meat and gouda cheese, stirring until the cheese is melted.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease a 9 x 13 inch dish and spread some of the shrimp sauce evenly over the bottom. Place 3 of the lasagna noodles in the bottom of the dish, followed by 1/3 of the crabmeat. Repeat this process until there are a total of 3 layers. Lay any remaining ingredients on the top, and cover with parmesan cheese. Cook the dish covered for 40 minutes, then remove and cook uncovered for an additional 15 to 20 minutes. Let the dish cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving the dish.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Seafood Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!