Scallop Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Broth, Scallop, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Authentic, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 16 oz.(454g.) bay scallops (the small ones)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 oz.(56g.) parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Scallop Risotto directions
Warm the chicken stock in a saucepan and simmer over low heat.
In a skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onion and garlic until onion becomes soft. Add rice to coat and cook for 2 minutes.
Add one cup of broth and, stirring constantly, cook until the liquid is absorbed. Add a half-cup of broth and repeat the step, 15-20 minutes. Mix in scallops and simmer, adding broth if necessary until the rice is al dente, but tender and creamy.
Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Scallop Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!