Sausage Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Sausage
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Potluck
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Fall, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 5 oz.(140g.) uncooked mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2-2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 oz.(28g.) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Sausage Risotto directions
Heat chicken broth in a medium saucepan and simmer on low.
In a skillet, cook the sausage, breaking apart until browned. Drain the oil.
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic in oil until onion becomes tender. Add rice to coat. Add wine and cook until liquid is evaporated, stirring constantly.
Slowly add 1/2 cup of warm chicken broth and cook, allowing the liquid to absorb before adding more. Repeat this step, adding 1/2 cup of broth at a time, until the rice is al dente (almost tender) and creamy. Season wit salt and pepper to taste.
Remove from heat and stir in sausage. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Sausage Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!