Sausage Ravioli Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME75 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Egg, Garlic, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Sausage, Flour, Ricotta Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Picnic
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs, divided
- 6 oz.(170g.) Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Sausage Ravioli directions
In a bowl, mix together 3 eggs, salt, flour, and olive oil. Transfer the mixture to a floured surface, add water if needed, and knead the mixture until it forms a smooth dough. Cover the dough using plastic and let the dough sit 20 to 30 minutes.
In a skillet, melt butter. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add crumbled sausage to the skillet, and cook over medium heat until the sausage becomes brown. Drain the fat from the skillet. Move the sausage to a bowl, stir in 1 egg, salt, pepper, and ricotta cheese.
Cut the dough into pieces and roll it into a thin 1/8 inch sheet. Cut an even number of circles from dough. Place a spoonful of the filling at the center of half of the circles. Slightly moisten the edges of the circles with water and cover each portion with filling using a separate circle. Set the ravioli aside on a surface that has been dusted with flour.
Boil water, and add the ravioli. Cook until the ravioli floats to the surface of the water.
Mix the cooked ravioli with melted butter.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Sausage Ravioli
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!