Sausage Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, Basil, Salt, Butter, Spaghetti Sauce, Sausage, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Gourmet Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Everyday, Birthday Party
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 16 oz.(454g.) ricotta cheese
- 16 oz.(454g.) Italian sausage
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 jar (26 oz. or 728g.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 large egg
- 10 oz.(280g.) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt to taste
How to make Sausage Lasagna directions
Place the sausage in a skillet with melted butter over medium heat, and continue to cook until the meat is no longer pink. Drain any grease in the pan, before stirring in spaghetti sauce. Simmer the contents of the uncovered skillet for 10 minutes. In a separate mixing bowl, combine parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, egg, salt and basil.
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
Spread 1/2 cup of the meat sauce into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Layer three noodles, 1/3 of the cheese mixture, meat sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process until there is a total of 3 layers.
Cover the dish and bake it in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove the cover from the dish and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Let the lasagna sit and cool for 15 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Sausage Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!