Sausage Cacciatore Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Cacciatore, Sausages
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Green Bell Pepper, Black Olives, Sausage
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 8 oz.(227g.) Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons black olives, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 2/3 cup crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28 oz. or 800g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Sausage Cacciatore directions
In a frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic, onion, and green pepper until it becomes tender. Crumble the sausage and add to the frying pan. Cook the mixture over medium heat until the sausage becomes lightly brown. Drain.
Add basil and tomatoes to the mixture, reduce the heat and cover. Simmer the mixture for about 10 to 12 minutes. Add olives and mushrooms and simmer uncovered until the mixture becomes thickened which should take about 10 to 15 minutes.
More Cacciatore Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Sausage Cacciatore
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!