Roasted Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME100 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Tomato, Zucchini, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Green Bell Pepper, Flour, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Cooking Method: Roasting
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Authentic
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Cocktail Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 6 oz.(170g.) fresh tomatoes, diced
- 3 lasagna noodles, uncooked and cut in half
- 10 oz.(280g.) ricotta cheese
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Roasted Vegetable Lasagna directions
Heat the oven to 450°F (232°C). In a mixing bowl, combine zucchini, tomatoes, green pepper, salt, and oil. Cover a baking sheet with non-stick spray and cover the sheet with the vegetables. Roast the vegetables for 30 minutes.
Put flour and butter in a large saucepan. Slowly pour in milk, while stirring and increasing the temperature, until the milk is brought to a boil. Continue to cook the mixture until it begins to thicken. After that, remove the mixture from the heat before stirring in salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, basil, and egg.
Grease the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Cover the bottom with sauce, followed by 3 noodles, 1/3 of the roasted vegetables, 1/2 of the cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat this process and top the lasagna with the remaining sauce, roasted vegetables, and mozzarella cheese.
Cover the dish and bake it for 35 minutes. Remove the cover and continue baking it for another 20 minutes or until the lasagna becomes bubbly. Remove the dish and let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!