Roasted Pumpkin Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Pumpkin
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Roasting, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1(2 1/2 pounds or 1135g.) pumpkin, peeled
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Roasted Pumpkin Risotto directions
Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut in small size cubes. Place in a roasting pan and roast on middle rack for 30-45 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and simmer on low.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil on medium and sauté the garlic and onions until tender. Add the rice and stir to coat. Ladle in one cup of the broth and, stirring constantly, cook until the broth has been absorbed. Continue adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, each time letting the broth be absorbed before adding more. Cook until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat. Season with salt to taste.
Stir in the pumpkin, butter and cheese. Season with salt and pepper before serving.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Roasted Pumpkin Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!