Roasted Polenta With Vegetables Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME50 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta
- Ingredients: White Mushroom, Tomato, Garlic, Zucchini, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Green Bell Pepper, Chicken Broth, Cornmeal, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Roasting, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, First Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Cocktail Party, Everyday
- 1 1/3 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 (14.5 oz or 400g. each) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 7 oz.(200g.) fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut in pieces
- Salt and black pepper to taste
How to make Roasted Polenta With Vegetables directions
Add chicken broth, butter and salt to a pot and then bring it to a boil. Whisk the broth, and stream the cornmeal through your fingers into the mixture. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Stir the mixture constantly 25 to 30 minutes in order to prevent lumps. If the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat and cover until the boiling stops. When it has become creamy, the polenta is fully cooked. Add parmesan cheese. Then, pour the mixture on a buttered sheet pan. Once it cools, cover the polenta and place it in the refrigerator. Now, the polenta can be cut into any shape.
Heat the oven to 450°F (232°C).
Place onion, zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, and green pepper in a roasting pan. Lightly drizzle with oil and sprinkle salt across the top. Toss the vegetable mixture to ensure it is coated evenly. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir the mixture once around halfway through cooking. Stir in tomatoes and continue to bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables become tender and most of the liquid has been evaporated. Let the polenta sit and cool 5 minutes before stirring.
Lightly brush olive oil on the polenta and grill until the edges brown and become crispy.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Roasted Polenta With Vegetables
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!