Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME1 hour 10 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Butternut Squash
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Roasting, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 3 cups peeled, diced butternut squash
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 1/2 -3 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
How to make Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto directions
Preheat oven to 400°F (205°F).
In a mixing bowl, toss the squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread out on a cooking sheet (with sides so oil doesn’t spill off), season with salt and roast in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until the squash is soft. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and simmer on low.
In a skillet, sauté the onion in remaining olive oil until tender. Add the rice and stir to coat. Pour in 1 cup of broth and stir. Cook and stir until the broth is absorbed before adding more broth. Continue stirring, adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, until the rice is tender and creamy, about 25-30 minutes. You might not use all of the broth. Remove from heat.
Stir in the squash and cheese. Season with salt to taste. Serve on warm plates.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!