Risotto With Tuna Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Tuna
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1/2 (6.5 oz. or 180g.) can light tuna in water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto With Tuna directions
Pour the broth into a saucepan, heat and simmer on low.
Mix the tuna with 1 garlic clove and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a mixing bowl, breaking fish apart. Season with salt to taste.
In a medium saucepan, heat remaining olive oil and sauté the onion and remaining garlic until onion becomes tender. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Slowly pour in the wine and cook until the wine evaporates. Add one cup of the broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until the broth has been absorbed before adding more broth. Continue cooking this way until the rice is al dente, about 20 minutes. Mix in the tuna. Add more broth and cook until the risotto becomes tender and creamy, about 5 more minutes. (You might not use all the broth.) Add salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto With Tuna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!