Risotto With Sun Dried Tomatoes Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, White Wine, Sun Dried Tomato, Vegetable Broth
- Meal Ideas: Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Chanukah
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto With Sun Dried Tomatoes directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and simmer on low.
In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic in oil until onion becomes tender. Add wine and cook until liquid evaporates, stirring constantly. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Ladle in 1/2 cup of the broth and stir. Cook until the broth has been absorbed before adding more broth, 1/2 cup at a time. Continue cooking this way until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20-25 minutes. You might not use all of the broth.
Remove from heat. Stir in the chopped sun dried tomatoes and cheese. Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve on warm plates or in warm bowls.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto With Sun Dried Tomatoes
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!