Risotto With Saffron Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Stock, Parmesan Cheese, Saffron
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (2 oz. or 56g.) parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto With Saffron directions
Add the saffron to the chicken stock and warm in a saucepan. Simmer on low.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft. Add rice to coat. Slowly add a half-cup of the broth with saffron and, stirring constantly, cook until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the broth, a half-cup at a time, allowing the liquid to absorb each time before adding more. Cook this way until the rice is al dente, 20-25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add more broth as necessary (about a half cup) until the risotto is creamy. Stir in the cheese. Season again with salt and pepper and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto With Saffron
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!