Risotto With Prawns Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, White Wine, Red Onion, Prawn
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 20 oz.(560g.) prawns, peeled and deveined
- 4-5 cups seafood broth
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto With Prawns directions
In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Season prawns with salt and sauté in olive oil until they are turning pink. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the prawns to a separate bowl.
Heat the seafood broth in a saucepan and simmer over low heat.
In a large, heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic until onion is tender and golden. Add the rice to coat.
Ladle the broth slowly into the skillet until the rice is covered. Cook, stirring constantly until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding the liquid, about a half-cup at a time until absorbed, and repeat until the rice is al dente: tender, firm and creamy, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Stir in prawns and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto With Prawns
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!