Risotto With Portabella Mushrooms Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Portabella Mushrooms
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Birthday Party
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 16 oz.(454g.) portabella mushrooms, diced
- 3 1/2-4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 small onions, finely chopped, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto With Portabella Mushrooms directions
Heat broth in a saucepan and simmer on low.
In a skillet, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter over a medium flame and sauté 1 chopped onion until becomes tender. Add the mushrooms and cook over medium heat until mushrooms are soft. Season with salt. Cover and set aside.
In a sauté pan, melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter. Add remaining onion and garlic and sauté until tender. Add the rice and stir to coat. Pour in wine and cook until liquid evaporates.
Ladle in one cup of the broth and, stirring often, allow the broth to be absorbed before adding 1/2 cup broth. Repeat this process, adding more broth and stir until all the liquid is absorbed, about15-20 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms/onions and add more broth to cook until the rice is tender and creamy and all of the liquid has been absorbed. You might not use all the broth. Remove from heat.
Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto With Portabella Mushrooms
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!