Risotto With Peas Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Stock, White Wine, Red Onion, Peas
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cups chicken stock
- 1 oz.(28g.) parmigiano-regiano cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto With Peas directions
In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until tender. Add rice to coat and cook for 3 minutes, stirring. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Slowly add the wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Ladle in 1/2 cup of the stock and stir until absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of stock and the peas, allowing the stock to absorb again. Continue adding the stock 1/2 cup at a time, letting absorb before adding another, until the rice is al dente – tender yet firm.
Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Add salt and pepper as needed.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto With Peas
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!