Risotto With Leeks Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 2 cups medium grain rice
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5-6 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 oz.(112g.) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto With Leeks directions
Heat the broth in a saucepan and simmer on low heat.
In a separate saucepan, sauté onion in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until onion becomes tender. Add rice and stir to coat for 1 minute. Pour in wine and let it absorb by rice, stirring frequently.
Slowly add one cup of the broth to the rice and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Keep adding the broth, one cup at a time, letting the broth absorb before adding more. Before adding the last cup, stir in leeks. Cook the rice until tender and creamy.
Remove from heat. Mix in butter and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto With Leeks
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!