Risotto With Haddock Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Fish, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1/2 cup medium grain white rice
- 5 oz.(140g.) smoked haddock fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/4- 1 1/2 cups fish broth
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto With Haddock directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and simmer on low.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil on medium and sauté the onion until becomes tender. Add the rice and stir to coat. Slowly add a half-cup of broth and, stirring, allow the liquid to absorb before adding another half-cup of broth. Continue this step until the rice is firm but tender and the liquid is all absorbed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place the haddock in the milk and poach for about 1 to 2 minutes. When finished, take off the skin from the fish and flake the haddock fillet. Stir in with risotto. Add butter and cheese and stir well.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto With Haddock
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!