Risotto With Duck Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME80-90 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Carrot, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Duck
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 5 oz.(140g.) boneless, skinless duck breast, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut in half
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 garlic cloves, divided
- 1 medium onion, 3/4 chopped, one slice reserved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto With Duck directions
Heat the broth in a medium saucepan and simmer over a medium flame.
In a saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat and sauté the garlic clove, onion slice and carrot for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the duck meat and brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a cup of the hot broth and simmer on low, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove the onion and carrot and cook the duck for an additional 35-40 minutes. Add more broth if duck looks to be drying out.
In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté the chopped onion and remaining garlic until onion is tender. Add the rice and stir to coat. Add wine and cook until liquid evaporates.
Slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the broth and cook, stirring constantly, until the broth is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of the broth and let it be absorbed before adding another. Stir in the duck. Add 1/2 cup of broth and continue cooking until the rice is tender and creamy, 20-25 minutes. You might not use all of the broth. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining butter. Add salt and pepper as needed and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto With Duck
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!