Risotto With Chorizo Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Stock, Sausage, Shitake Mushrooms
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2/3 cup medium grain rice
- 1/4 cup chorizo sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2-2 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz.(227g.) shitake mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto With Chorizo directions
In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in onions and sauté until soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add rice to coat and stir until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
Slowly add 1/2 cup of chicken stock and stir until the liquid is absorbed. Continue adding 1/2 cup of stock at a time until it is absorbed before adding more. After the second 1/2 cup, mix in chorizo and mushrooms. Continue adding the stock until the rice is firm yet tender, and creamy. Add salt and pepper as needed.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto With Chorizo
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!