Risotto With Chanterelle Mushrooms Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME50 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Healthy Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups chanterelle mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto With Chanterelle Mushrooms directions
Heat broth in cooking pot and simmer on low heat.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large sauté pan. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender, stirring occasionally. Cover and set aside.
In a separate large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion becomes soft. Add rice and stir to coat. Add wine and cook until wine evaporates, stirring constantly.
Pour in a 1 cup of the broth and, stirring, allow the liquid to be absorbed by the rice before adding 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Cook this way, stirring all the time, about 25-30 minutes or until the rice is tender and creamy. You might not use all the broth. Add the mushrooms and heat through.
Remove from heat and mix in butter and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve on warm plates.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto With Chanterelle Mushrooms
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!