Risotto With Bacon And Peas Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Stock, Bacon, White Wine, Peas, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 slices of bacon, cut in half
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3-3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto With Bacon And Peas directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the broth and simmer on low.
In a skillet, fry the bacon until crisp. Drain, cover and set aside.
Melt butter in a large sauté pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender. Add rice and stir to coat. Add wine and cook until wine evaporates, stirring constantly.
Slowly pour in 1/2 cup of the stock and stir often, allowing the stock to be absorbed before adding another 1/2 cup. Cook this way, stirring, until the rice is almost tender and creamy, about 20 minutes. You might not use all of the stock. Stir in the peas and heat through.
Remove from heat. Mix in the butter and cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve on warm plates and garnish with bacon.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto With Bacon And Peas
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!