Risotto Cake Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Stock
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Potluck, Homemade
- Dessert Types: Cakes
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1/2 cup arborio rice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 oz.(28g.) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Risotto Cake directions
Warm the chicken stock in a saucepan and simmer over low heat.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat in skillet. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion becomes tender. Stir in rice to coat and cook for 1 minute.
Add 1/2 cup of warm stock and, stirring constantly, cook until the liquid is absorbed. Continue with this step, 1/2 cup of stock at a time, until the rice is almost tender.
Remove from heat and stir in cheese and remaining butter. Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil. Place the risotto in the saucepan and spread it into an even layer in the pan. Cook until crispy on the bottom, about 5 minutes. With a sharp knife, cut the risotto “cake” into four quarters. Turn each quarter in the pan and cook until both sides of the risotto are brown and crispy.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Risotto Cake
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!