Rigatoni Pasta With Creamy Marinara Sauce Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Marinara, Pasta, Rigatoni
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Cream Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 8 oz.(227g.) rigatoni pasta
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 oz.(56g.) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (28 oz. or 800g.) crushed tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Rigatoni Pasta With Creamy Marinara Sauce directions
Boil salted water and cook pasta 8 to 10 minutes or until it becomes al dente. Drain the pasta.
In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and simmer the mixture until the ingredients are tender.
Add tomatoes with juice and continue simmering the mixture 20 to 25 minutes. Stir cream cheese into the sauce and continue to cook the sauce until it is even. Serve the sauce with cooked pasta.
More Marinara Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Rigatoni Pasta With Creamy Marinara Sauce
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!