Ricotta Cheese Tortellini Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Tortellini
- Ingredients: Egg, Spinach, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Flour, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party, Picnic, Bachelor Party
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Ricotta Cheese Tortellini directions
Mix flour and salt on a board and form a well. Add olive oil and 5 eggs into the well. Mix everything together, adding warm water when needed. Knead the dough until it becomes like elastic and smooth. Cover the dough, and let it sit 20 to 30 minutes.
Bring a pot of water to a boil, and cook the spinach until it becomes tender. Squeeze the water out of the spinach, and chop it. In a bowl, mix together 1 egg, spinach, ricotta cheese, and salt.
Split the dough in half, and roll it into a 1/8th inch sheet. Cut 1 1/2 inch circles from the sheet. Place half of a teaspoon of the filling into the center of each circle, and fold them in half. Press the edges together firmly, and roll the ends together until it forms a ring.
Bring a pot of water to a boil, and drop in the tortellini. Cook the tortellini until they float to the surface, and remove them. Serve the cooked tortellini with melted butter.
More Tortellini Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Ricotta Cheese Tortellini
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!