Ricotta Cheese Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Egg, Basil, Red Pepper, Salt, Spaghetti Sauce, Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Baking
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Authentic
- Holidays: 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer
- Occasions: Everyday
- 6 lasagna noodles, cut in half
- 4 oz.(112g.) parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz.(454g.) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 12 oz.(336g.) mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Ricotta Cheese Lasagna directions
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, and basil.
Grease the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Spread 1/2 cup of pasta sauce at the bottom of the dish. Next, layer 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1/4 mozzarella cheese, 1/4 parmesan cheese, and 1/3 of the remaining pasta sauce. Repeat this process until there are three layers of lasagna in the dish.
Cover the dish and put it into the oven to bake for 45 minutes. Uncover the dish, and continue to bake for another 15 minutes, or until the lasagna is bubbling. Remove the lasagna from the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Ricotta Cheese Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!