Rice With Basil Pesto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Pesto
- Ingredients: Rice, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Walnut, Romano Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Blender
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Easter, Thanksgiving, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup romano cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to make Rice With Basil Pesto directions
In a food processor, combine olive oil, garlic, walnuts, basil, and romano cheese, blending the mixture until it becomes finely chopped. Season the pesto to taste with salt and pepper.
Bring a pot with 2 cups of salted water to a boil and add rice. Reduce the heat to the lowest possible setting. Cover the pot, and cook the rice for 18 minutes.
Put the pesto in the rice and garnish the rice with tomatoes.
More Pesto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Rice With Basil Pesto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!