Red Pepper Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME40 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Salt, Vegetable Broth, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Chanukah, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday
- 1/2 cup medium grain rice
- 1 small jar roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt to taste
How to make Red Pepper Risotto directions
In a medium saucepan, heat the vegetable broth and simmer on low.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil and sauté onion until tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Add the chopped red peppers and 1/2 cup of the broth and cook, stirring often, until the liquid is absorbed before adding more. Continue adding broth and stirring, until the liquid is all absorbed and the rice is tender but firm. Remove from heat. Stir in parmesan. Season with salt and serve.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Red Pepper Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!