Ragu Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME25 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna, Ragu
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Garlic, Basil, Butter, Ragu Pasta Sauce, Cottage Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Frying, Baking
- Courses: Main Course
- Cooking Styles: Homemade
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Wedding, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 6 lasagna noodles, uncooked and cut in half
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 oz.(280g) cottage cheese
- 1 jar of ragu pasta sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 oz.(227g) ground beef
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
How to make Ragu Lasagna directions
Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
In a mixing bowl, combine 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, 1/2 of the parmesan cheese, cottage cheese, egg, and basil.
Cook garlic and ground beef in a buttered skillet over medium heat until the beef is browned.
Mix the meat with the pasta sauce. In an 8 x 8 inch baking dish, spread 1/2 cup of the sauce at the bottom of the dish. Cover the sauce with 4 lasagna noodles, followed by 1/2 of the sauce, and 1/2 of the mixed cheese. Repeat this process. Then, top the lasagna with 4 additional noodles and 1 cup of the meat sauce. Set any remaining sauce to the side.
Cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove the cover, add any remaining mozzarella or parmesan cheese, and return the lasagna to the oven to bake uncovered for 10 more minutes. Remove the lasagna and let it cool for 10 minutes. When serving, heat up any remaining meat sauce and serve together.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Ragu Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!