Quinoa Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME60 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Onion, Salt, Butter, Vegetable Broth, Shitake Mushrooms, Quinoa
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers, Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Birthday Party
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
How to make Quinoa Risotto directions
In a skillet, toast the quinoa over medium heat, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from pan.
Melt the butter in the same skillet. Add the onions and sauté until tender. Slowly add the broth. Stir in the quinoa and bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring until the quinoa is almost soft, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook until tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Simmer until mixture is thick and creamy.
Remove from heat. Season with salt to taste. Garnish with cheese before serving.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Quinoa Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!