Quick Polenta Recipe
- PREP TIME5 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta
- Ingredients: Salt, Butter, Cornmeal
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Spring
- Occasions: Everyday, Picnic
- 1 cup instant polenta or cornmeal
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
How to make Quick Polenta directions
Boil 4 cups of water in a pot and add salt. Add polenta to the pot in steady stream. Stir the polenta with a wooden spoon. Stirring, continue to cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens so that it soft but solid. Stir butter into the polenta.
Pour the polenta into a greased baking sheet. Pat the polenta with a spatula into a smooth flat rectangle. Let the polenta cool for 15 minutes until it becomes firm.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Quick Polenta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!