Quick Macaroni And Cheese Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME15 minutes
- Dishes: Macaroni, Pasta
- Ingredients: Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Milk, Flour, Cheddar Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Budget-Friendly Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck
- Holidays: New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 pound (454g.) elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Quick Macaroni And Cheese directions
Bring lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until it is almost tender, and drain the macaroni.
In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the flour to the butter and stir the mixture until it becomes smooth. While stirring frequently, add the milk to the mixture. Simmer the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes or until it thickens and becomes smooth. Reduce the heat to low, add 1 cup of cheese and stir.
Combine the sauce and macaroni and cook the mixture for about 2 minutes.
More Macaroni Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Quick Macaroni And Cheese
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!