Puttanesca Sauce Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME20 minutes
- Dishes: Puttanesca, Sauce
- Ingredients: Fish, Tomato, Garlic, Olive Oil, Red Pepper, Black Pepper, Salt, Black Olives
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Cocktail Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 2 1/2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 1/4 cup black olives, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28 oz. or 800g.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) can diced tomatoes
- 8 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Puttanesca Sauce directions
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté garlic with anchovies.
Stir the mixture until the anchovies are about to break, and add tomatoes, capers, olives, and red pepper flakes. While stirring occasionally, simmer the sauce for 15 minutes.
Season the mixture to taste with salt. Add the sauce to pasta before serving.
More Puttanesca Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Puttanesca Sauce
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!