Pumpkin Tortellini Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME70 minutes
- Dishes: Pasta, Tortellini
- Ingredients: Egg, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Flour, Pumpkin, Goat Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Potluck, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Picnic, Bachelor Party
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 (15 oz. or 425g. each) cans pumpkin
- 1 pound (454g.) goat cheese
- 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Pumpkin Tortellini directions
Mix salt and flour together on a board, and form a well in the center. Add 6 tablespoons of olive oil and eggs. Mix everything together and add warm water to the mixture as needed. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth. Cover the dough and let the dough sit for 20 minutes.
In a sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté onion in the pan until it becomes soft. Add salt, pepper, and pumpkin. Stirring frequently, reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and then let it cool. Blend goat cheese into the pumpkin until it is fully combined.
Split the dough into half, and roll it into a 1/8th inch sheet. Cut 1 1/2 inch circles from the sheet. Place half of a teaspoon of the filling into the center of each circle, and fold them in half, with the top being just short of even with the bottom. Press the edges together firmly, and roll the ends together until it forms a ring.
Bring a pot of water to a boil, and drop in the tortellini. Cook the tortellini until they float to the surface, and remove them.
More Pasta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pumpkin Tortellini
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!