Pumpkin Ravioli Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME50 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Egg, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Sour Cream, Flour, Vegetable Oil, Pumpkin, Egg White
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Budget-Friendly Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 24 oz. (680g.) pumpkin, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg white
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
How to make Pumpkin Ravioli directions
Place flour on a work surface and form a well in the middle. Combine eggs and oil and place in the well. Add water, stir, and form a ball with the mixture. Continue kneading until the mixture becomes smooth. Add flour to the mixture if needed in order to keep the dough from sticking. Do not make the dough stiff. Cover the dough and let it sit 15 to 20 minutes.
In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Place onion and pumpkin in the skillet and sauté until they become tender. After adding salt and pepper, transfer the mixture to a food processor. Cover and process the ingredients they blend. Return the mixture to the skillet and add cream. While stirring, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat until the food is simmering and continue to cook uncovered until the mixture thickens.
Split the pasta dough into fourths. Roll one of the portions until it is 1/8 inch in thickness. Place a teaspoon of filling 1 inch apart on half of a pasta sheet. Around the outside of the filling, brush egg white onto the dough. Fold the sheet over and press down around the edges to seal. Cut the dough into squares with a pastry wheel. Repeat the process with any of the remaining dough and filling.
Boil salted water in a soup kettle. Place the ravioli in the kettle. Reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Continue cooking until the ravioli begins to float to the top and is tender. Drain and add melted butter. Serve with your favorite sauce.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pumpkin Ravioli
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!