Pumpkin Polenta Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME25 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta
- Ingredients: Salt, Butter, Milk, Pumpkin, Cornmeal
- Meal Ideas: Budget-Friendly Cooking, Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Comfort Food, Homemade
- Holidays: Thanksgiving, Halloween, Chanukah
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Picnic
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups milk
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup canned pumpkins
How to make Pumpkin Polenta directions
Boil milk and 6 cups of salted water in a large saucepan.
Reduce the heat so that the mixture is reduced to a gentle boil. Whisk cornmeal into the mixture slowly. Stirring frequently, cook the polenta 15 to 20 minutes or until it thickens. Add pumpkin and butter to the mixture and stir until it becomes smooth. Serve the polenta right away.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pumpkin Polenta
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!