Pumpkin Lasagna Recipe
- PREP TIME20 minutes
- COOK TIME80 minutes
- Dishes: Lasagna
- Ingredients: Beef, Egg, Cheese, Tomato, Garlic, Basil, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Tomato Paste, Pumpkin
- Meal Ideas: Healthy Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing, Baking
- Courses: First Course
- Cooking Styles: Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Halloween
- Seasons: Fall
- Occasions: Everyday
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 24 oz.(680g) cottage cheese
- 18 oz.(500g) ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 oz.(280g) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 3/4 cups parmesan cheese, grated and divided
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
How to make Pumpkin Lasagna directions
Sauté garlic and onion in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat until the onion begins to turn transparent. Mix in ground beef and continue cooking until the meat browns.
Mix tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, and dried basil in a pot and bring the contents to a boil on medium heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Once boiling, reduce the heat, stir occasionally, and let the contents simmer for 15 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of parmesan, pumpkin puree, eggs, and salt. Stir thoroughly.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Cover the bottom of the dish with some of the sauce. Place 3 of the uncooked lasagna noodles on the top. Cover the sauce with 1/3 of the meat and cheese mixture. Repeat this process until there are 3 layers in the dish. Cover with any remaining ingredients, followed by 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese. Bake the lasagna covered for 40 minutes, followed by an additional 15 to 20 minutes uncovered. Let the lasagna cool for 10 minutes before cutting or serving.
More Lasagna Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pumpkin Lasagna
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!