Pumpkin And Chicken Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Chicken, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, Pumpkin
- Meal Ideas: Organic Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Baking, Simmering
- Courses: Appetizers
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup carnaroli rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin, cut into cubes
- 2-2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Pumpkin And Chicken Risotto directions
Preheat oven to 350°F(175°C).
Place pumpkin in a roasting pan and cook in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
In a medium saucepan, warm the chicken broth and simmer on low, covered. In a large skillet, melt the butter and sauté onions and garlic until onion is tender. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Ladle in 1/2 cup of the warm broth and, stirring constantly, cook until the liquid is absorbed. Add another 1/2 cup of broth and repeat the step. Stir in the chicken and pumpkin and continue adding the chicken broth until the rice is tender yet firm, 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Pumpkin And Chicken Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!