Prosciutto Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME10 minutes
- COOK TIME45 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Stock, White Wine
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 1 oz.(28g.) chopped prosciutto
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2-2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Prosciutto Risotto directions
In a saucepan, heat the chicken stock and simmer on low.
In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Sauté the onion and garlic in oil until onion becomes soft. Add rice and stir to coat. Slowly pour in wine and cook until the wine is absorbed by the rice, stirring.
Ladle in a half-cup of stock and, stirring constantly, allow the stock to be absorbed before adding another half-cup of stock. Continue this step until the rice is almost tender and creamy.
Remove from heat. Add cheese and prosciutto. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Prosciutto Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!