Prawn Risotto With Peas Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME35 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Cheese, Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Chicken Broth, Prawn, Peas
- Meal Ideas: Holiday Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Side Dish
- Cooking Styles: Meals For Two, Homemade, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 3/4 cup medium grain rice
- 4 oz.(112g.) prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2-2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup peas (if frozen, thaw)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Prawn Risotto With Peas directions
In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic until tender. Add the rice and stir to coat.
Ladle in 1/2 cup of the broth. Stirring constantly, cook until the broth is absorbed. Add another cup of the broth and let it be absorbed before adding more. Continue cooking this way until the rice is tender and creamy, about 20 minutes. You might not use all the broth.
Stir in the prawns and peas and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and mix in cheese. Serve immediately.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Prawn Risotto With Peas
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!