Prawn Ravioli With White Sauce Recipe
- PREP TIME30 minutes
- COOK TIME90 minutes
- Dishes: Ravioli
- Ingredients: Egg, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, White Wine, Prawn, Flour
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Make-Ahead Meals, Homemade, Authentic
- Holidays: Halloween, Valentines Day, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Wedding, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 eggs, divided
- 16 oz.(454g.) cooked prawns, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 bottle dry white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Prawn Ravioli With White Sauce directions
In a mixing bowl, place prawns with salt, pepper and 1 egg. Mix well. Cover the mixture and set it aside.
Mix together salt and flour on a board, then create a well. Add olive oil and 4 eggs to the center of the flour. Mix the ingredients and add warm water to the mixture as needed. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth. Form 2 balls out of the dough. Cover the dough and let it stand for 25 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion to the skillet. When the onion starts to brown, add flour into the mixture and stir for one minute. Add wine to the mixture and stir until it becomes smooth. Simmer the mixture lightly as the ravioli is being prepared.
Roll the dough out into a 1/8 inch thick sheet on a floured surface. Put a teaspoon of the filling on the sheet in even rows 1 1/2 inches over half of the pasta. Fold the other half of the dough over the filling. Press the dough together around each portion of filling. Cut in between each of the rows. Ensure the edges of the ravioli are sealed.
Boil water, and add the ravioli to cook until the dough becomes tender and the ravioli floats to the surface. Drain the ravioli.
Eat the ravioli with white sauce.
More Ravioli Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Prawn Ravioli With White Sauce
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!