Porcini Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME35 minutes
- Dishes: Risotto
- Ingredients: Rice, Garlic, Onion, Olive Oil, Salt, Butter, Chicken Broth, White Wine, Porcini Mushrooms, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Vegetarian Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Make-Ahead Meals, Meals For Two, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Winter, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Birthday Party
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 oz.(140g.) fresh porcini mushrooms, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Porcini Mushroom Risotto directions
Warm the broth in a saucepan and simmer over low heat.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until tender. Add the rice and cook for about 4 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
Slowly stir in the wine. Add 1/2 cup of broth and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Continue to add the broth, a 1/2 cup at a time, letting the liquid absorb before adding more. When 1/2 cup broth remains to be added, stir in the fresh porcini. Add the remaining broth and stir continuously, until the rice is almost tender, and creamy.
Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese. Add salt to taste.
More Risotto Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Porcini Mushroom Risotto
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!