Polenta With Vegetables Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME25 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta
- Ingredients: White Mushroom, Onion, Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Salt, Butter, Broccoli, Cornmeal
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Healthy Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Sauteing
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Potluck, Authentic, Light & Tasty
- Holidays: Easter, New Year, 4th Of July
- Seasons: All Seasons
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 cups fresh white mushrooms, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Polenta With Vegetables directions
In a frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat before adding mushrooms and onions to the pan. Sauté the vegetables 5 to 7 minutes until they become tender.
Boil water in a pot before adding broccoli. Cook the broccoli until it is tender and crisp. Season the vegetables with salt.
Boil salted water in a saucepan. Whisk the cornmeal slowly into the saucepan until it is smooth. Reduce the heat to low and cover. While stirring occasionally, continue to cook for 15 minutes until the cornmeal becomes creamy and thick. Stir butter into the mixture. Remove the mixture from the heat source and put vegetables on top of the polenta.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Polenta With Vegetables
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!