Polenta With Sausage Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta
- Ingredients: Tomato, Garlic, Salt, Butter, Sausage, Cornmeal, Parmesan Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Kids-Friendly Cooking, Country Cooking, Traditional Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Frying
- Courses: Main Course, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Quick And Easy, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Valentines Day, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Summer, Spring
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Everyday, Bachelor Party
- 1 cup polenta or yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 oz. (336g.) Italian sausage
- 1 (14.5 oz. or 400g.) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
How to make Polenta With Sausage directions
Boil four cups of salted water in a heavy saucepan, while constantly stirring. Reduce the heat when the mixture begins to thicken. Stirring constantly, continue to cook the polenta 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese until blended.
Add the sausage and garlic to a buttered skillet and cook until browned. Drain the mixture. Let the mixture cool slightly. Cut sausage into one inch pieces before returning the meat to the skillet. Add tomatoes and bring the mixture to a boil. Remove the skillet from the heat source.
Place the polenta in a dish, and top with sausage mixture to serve.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Polenta With Sausage
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!