Polenta Pizza Recipe
- PREP TIME15 minutes
- COOK TIME30 minutes
- Dishes: Polenta, Pizza
- Ingredients: Tomato, Black Pepper, Salt, Green Bell Pepper, Tomato Sauce, Pepperoni, Mozzarella Cheese
- Meal Ideas: Classic Cooking, Holiday Cooking, Country Cooking
- Cooking Method: Boiling, Baking
- Courses: First Course, Pizzas, Dinner, Lunch
- Cooking Styles: Comfort Food, Potluck, Homemade
- Holidays: Easter, 4th Of July
- Seasons: Fall, Winter
- Occasions: Dinner Party, Birthday Party, Bachelor Party
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup polenta
- 2/3 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Polenta Pizza directions
Heat the oven to 450°F (232°C).
Boil salted water. Whisk polenta into the water. Reduce the heat and continue to whisk 3 to 5 minutes or until the polenta thickens. Pour the polenta into a pie plate, and cover the pie plate with plastic wrap. Place the polenta in a refrigerator to chill.
Pour the tomato sauce over the crust. Add pepperoni, green pepper, tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Bake the polenta 8 to 10 minutes before sprinkling cheese on top. Cook the pizza for two additional minutes or until the cheese is melted.
More Polenta Recipes to Explore
Ratings & Reviews for Polenta Pizza
Tell us what you think of this recipe.
Did you modify it? Would you make it again? Rate it today!